REASONS YOUR BLOG IS ANNOYING

I was reading a blog this afternoon and I just couldn't stay on it for long 'cos of some the reasons I'm about to share with you. These are some of the things I have observed from a few blogs and I consider them annoying 'cos that''s what they are. I used to be guilty of these things but now I think I'm doing fine.

 1.
YOUR BLOG TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD
This is the most annoying thing ever. There are some amazing blogs, I see their links and also follow on Instagram but when I visit it just takes forever. I have slept off waiting for a blog to load in the past. Its important to note that people on the internet have other things to do. Give them what they want as soon as they need it.
Disadvantage:potential readers will close your blog before they even read it. 

2.
YOUR BLOG ISN'T MOBILE PHONE RESPONSIVE
Alot of  people surf the internet via their phones and if they visit your blog and its not available on mobile devices, they'll stay away.
Look for responsive themes and fix your blog now.You are loosing alot of readers by keeping that old boring non-responsive theme on your blog.

3.
SONGS AND VIDEOS ARE ON AUTO-PLAY
You as a blogger might think its pretty but coming from a reader perspective its not.There's no better way to say this. Lets play this out, I have the next 30 minutes to do whatever I want and I choose to visit some of my fav. blogs and from one of the multiple tabs I'm hearing something strange....." thats not prettty... Dear blogger, the chances that I might visit your blog is pretty low as you will just burst my bubble at work that I'm reading blogs.
With all of that said....stop the autoplays.

4.
TOO MANY ADVERTS
As a  mass communication graduate ( winks) I understand the importance of adverts to any media house as it can't survive without adverts but please do it in moderation. Imagine you are watching your favourtie TV series and adverts keep popping up every 3 minutes, how will you feel? Exactly. 
Please minimize the adverts or better still be more creative about it.

5.
POP UPS EVERYWHERE.
I need to reactivate my email pop-up but here's why I haven't done it yet- I'm thinking of a very creative way to infuse it into my blog without loosing your attention. I personally recommend only one pop up, if you have more than two find a way to fix it. No one wants to be reading an amazing content and  POP!!! there's something in your face.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What are some of the things you have observed that are annoying on other peoples blogs?

Comments

  1. Great Read; I agree with every point you wrote about here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this and your blogging series is loaded. Hopefully, I'm not guilty of all these.
    Laitanbee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I'm learning and perfecting my blog with it too. I use to be guilty of at least 3 of these. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL

    www.stylebeatbyzobam.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. You couldn't have said it any better..
    Especially the pop ups that covers the entire screen..... SMH!!!!

    Finally we are all learning.. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading😊 , please drop a comment...I'll love to know your thoughts πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜€